Thursday, June 9, 2016

Previous Senator Charles Sumner of Massachusetts reacts

history channel documentary hd "'Much obliged to you, General Eisenhower,' says American instruction reformer Abraham Flexner. 'Through my work with the Carnegie and Rockefeller Foundations, I have concentrated on the funds of war in the mid twentieth century. Presently, as then, countries as of late have been directed to acquire billions for war; no country has ever obtained generally for training. Presumably, no country is sufficiently rich to pay for both war and progress. We should settle on our decision; we can't have both.'"

"Previous Senator Charles Sumner of Massachusetts reacts, 'I concur with Abe. Give me the cash that has been spent in war and I will dress each man, lady, and tyke in a clothing of which lords and rulers will be glad. I will fabricate a school building in each valley over the entire earth. I will crown each slope with a position of love blessed to peace.'"

"'I give my respects to Senator Sumner,' says George Washington through his clacking wooden teeth. 'He has underscored the point that the cost of war must create some quantifiable advantage. Today, as voluntarily, I don't intend to avoid out and out the possibility of patriotism. I know it exists, and I know it has done much in the present challenge. However, I will dare to attest that an extraordinary and enduring war can never be bolstered on this guideline alone. It must be supported by a prospect of interest, or some prize.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment